Wednesday, October 17, 2012

big boy!

Here he is!

Walking all over the place!

Unassisted.

Although, he does now have his prosthetic-orthotic-do-dad for his leg, he walks best without it.  Go figure.  Originally, it went all the way up his leg with a big, metal, hinged-at-the-knee feature to it.  It was so stinkin' heavy.  Like a full-leg cast!  He just couldn't stand the thing.  He would cry when we'd put it on him and then ask us to take it off the whole time he was wearing it.

Finally, I decided it would be better with just the bottom part.  So at our next appointment with the prosthetist I asked him to take the top off and just leave the below-the-knee-part so he would still have the support in his ankle and he'd have the addition length he needs for his legs to be the same length.  It is so, so much better!  And...he's starting to walk in it!  I know in good time he'll walk well with his brace just like he does without it.

One step at a time.  Literally.


People have said, 'But I thought he wouldn't be able to walk?'  And, 'Should he be walking?'

We're not sure.

All we know is that this is what love does.

And since God is love (1 John 4:8) then this is what God does in a once-an-orphan's life when He places him smack-dab-in-the-middle of love. 

I've loved this song since I learned about Mandi Mapes last year.  But for some reason it's been especially sweet lately -- perhaps because my love for James is growing everyday!  I just want to smother him lately.  Every word of this song speaks my heart right now because...

...this love is the deep kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved