Friday, June 1, 2012

it's a no go

So the MRI was a no go.

But thank you for all your well wishes and prayers for our sweetie pie.

At 3:00 PM yesterday, I got a call from the MRI department at the hospital saying that they didn't have the authorization from our insurance company.

Huh?  


I don't understand what that means.  


Two hours later, I understood.

Turns out there was a breakdown in communication between the doctor/practice/hospital who ordered the test and the hospital where the test was to take place at.  Therefore, the insurance company was never asked to authorize.  

The bottom line is, the MRI didn't happen.

And we won't have the results with us to take to Shriner's next week.

But, honestly, God is so, so amazing because I didn't fuss at anyone.  

I didn't lose my patience.

I didn't raise my voice.

I just told each of the six people I talked with how frustrating this was and how I wished it hadn't happened.

Because there are worse things!

Friends who are grieving the loss of a dear loved one.

Family who is hurting.

Friends who are without jobs.

Marriages that are falling apart.

A botched MRI can be rescheduled.  And it is.  It's really that simple.  So grateful for the ability to keep it all in perspective because there was definitely a time when I did not do that well.  At all.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved