Thursday, February 14, 2013

love is in the air

What perfect timing.

This week, James started the most precious new thing.

For the past 11 months, we've had the pleasure of telling him we love him and kissing his cheeks and squeezing him tight.

Often times, after I tell him "I love you" I say, "Now, say 'I love you, too, Mommy'" so he'll understand how this sweet exchange can work.

He has obediently repeated after me.

But now he says his own version.

On his own accord.

On his timing.

Straight from his little three-year-old-heart.

And always with a leg hug or a laying-of-his-head-on-our-shoulder immediately after.

I love Mommy.

I love Daddy.

I love Payton.

I love Avery.

I love Jackson.

I love Brooks.

Oh, this boy of ours.  How blessed we are.

A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.  John 13:34-35


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved