Friday, March 15, 2013

birthday girl, part 2

Payton's birthday came first.

Then mine.

Then my mom's.

It's a fun four weeks every year -- especially because Valentine's Day is thrown right in the middle.

But this year was my 40th birthday so it was a bit of a doozie.

And it was wonderful.

Thanks to my scheming husband (who I didn't know could scheme so well!) and the enlistment of family and dear friends.

It was a night to remember.

On a rainy Tuesday night.

At one of my favorite spots.

Strawberry Street Cafe.

My shocked arrival.

(Break out the glasses -- these came to me teeny-tiny and get blurry if I enlarge them).

My crazy mama had a pillow up her dress and proclaimed to everyone, 
'40 years ago today my day started off like this before I gave birth to Heather!'

Love that woman.

Enjoying our dinner.

Sharing a toast.

They love each other so much!  How sweet...

The end of a wonderful evening with dear family and friends.

My stepdad, Allen, and my mom.  Aren't they cute!?

Thanks for a celebration to remember!  With a start like that, 40's not so bad...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved