Saturday, December 21, 2013

little update.


Things continue to go well.  

Our kids are amazing kids.

Really all kids are amazing in their ability to accept people for who they are.  I've learned that it's not until later in life that we put so many parameters around people.  

But Christine is also easy.

She's just a sweet, sweet girl.  She has this smirky, half-smile she does when something tickles her.  

She's quick on her feet with humor.  

She's open and willing to try new things, like Chick-fil-A, Sweet Frog, Panera, and going to the Nutcracker.  I'll post photos tomorrow!

The poor girl got multiple fillings on Friday, yet she'd never had Novocaine before.  She was such a trooper.  

She loves to fold laundry!  Yes, you read that right.  When I walk in the room with an overflowing laundry basket (which is daily), she jumps right up and comes over to help.  In fact, the other day I left it and came back and it was folded.  And what do our kids do when she jumps up to help?  Declare how much I love to fold laundry and it's just what moms do, so it's okay if I do it everyday without their help.  I kid you not!  They said that.  Phew.  They have a lot to learn!  Ha!  

Payton and Christine have hit it off.  I find them up in Payton's room just hanging out, shooting the breeze and doing what teen/pre-teen girls do.  Christine loves to write, read and sing.  Payton said when she learned that about Christine, she couldn't believe how much they have in common.  

James has really taken to her, along with Jackson.  Avery's definitely a fan and Brookster is his own, independent, kind of aloof self.  Man, I love that kid.  Sometimes I look out the window and see him walking around in our yard with a dinosaur or lizard toy just lost in make believe.  So sweet.  He doesn't need high levels of entertainment.  I love that about him.  And he's the one who I greeted first in the family room the morning after Christine had arrived (she was still sleeping) and he said with the hugest Christmas-morning-grin on his face that he couldn't believe Christine was finally here.  

She is amazingly Americanized.  She's read the Harry Potter series, Percy Jackson series, Hunger Games series...you name it.  She loves American Idol, pizza, bbq ribs, and iced tea.  Her English is superb.  Man, that's made all the difference.  Being able to talk with her has been so nice.

It's been great getting to know her and hearing about her life and growing to appreciate more and more what a strong young lady she is.  I appreciate everything she shares with us.  And she and Payton have some really great conversations.  

I will do a photo-laden post tomorrow.  I have a bunch to share.  I can't believe we have just three days until Christmas!  Wow.  

Where has the last week gone!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved