Sunday, April 8, 2012

best laid plans

Sometimes things don't always go according to plan.

The outfits were picked out and laid out last night.

Getting to church this morning was going to be a solo act, so I had to have all my ducks in a row.  JD was to help out at the sunrise service (7 o'clock) and the 8:30 service.  We were to meet up at the 10 o'clock.

I was looking forward to it.  A time to stop and reflect.  Stopping has been tough lately.  Reflecting too, really.

But sometimes we have to flex for each other.  And I was happy to do it for my poor hubby.  Turns out he was up in the night sick.  I hadn't a clue.  

Poor guy.  He's still in bed.

I know that being in church on Easter Sunday doesn't prove (or disprove) one's faith.  In fact, being here at home (watching 'Hop' with the kids!) is just fine.  I'm glad JD's getting lots of rest.  That's what he needs this morning. 

Now, let's hope that nasty bug doesn't spread through the Beam Team, one at a time.  Oye.  We've been there before and it. is. ugly.

Thank You, Jesus.  I don't know what I'd do without You and the hope Your resurrection brings.

Happy Easter, everyone!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved