Friday, April 20, 2012

smilers

There are some things that have made me smile of late.  Smilers.

Thought they might make you smile too.

Some are a little quirky, like this one:


Some are just fantastic, like this one:  


I love Caine.  And his dad.  I so need to let my kids 'go' with their creativity sometimes.  The world would be a better place if more parents did that.  

And some are downright inspiring, like this one:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47118899/ns/today-good_news/t/girl-born-without-hands-wins-penmanship-award/#.T5GroY6_7fQ

I didn't realize it's the 20th anniversary of the American's with Disabilities Act.  It's so weird because I used to work with people with disabilities and promoting the ADA was a real part of my job (by ensuring that it was being followed and honored by business owners, employers, etc).  

At the time, I never thought much about having a child with disabilities.  Yet strangely, here we are.  And, in the most amazing way, I/we don't see James' disabilities.  

He's just James.  

    


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved